Net Income Grows 16.2 Percent
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, January 31, 2017 – South Atlantic Bancshares, Inc. (OTCQX: SABK), parent of South Atlantic Bank, today reported net income of $2,603,928 or $0.66 per diluted share for the year ended December 31, 2016, compared to $2,240,816 or $0.57 per diluted share reported for the same period a year ago. These figures represent a 16.2 percent increase in net income.
- Year-end 2016 represents the company’s sixth consecutive profitable year.
- Credit quality remains strong with no net charge-offs.
- Net interest margin improved from 3.80 percent in 2015 to 3.85 percent in 2016.
- Total loans grew 17.5 percent in 2016, from $314.0 million at December 31, 2015 to $369.0 million at December 31, 2016.
- Total deposits grew 13.3 percent, from $337.4 million reported at December 31, 2015, to $382.3 million at December 31, 2016.
- Total assets grew 11.1 percent, from $400.2 million at December 31, 2015, to $444.5 million at December 31, 2016.
“In 2016, South Atlantic Bank recorded its best yearly financial performance in the company’s nine-year history,” said K. Wayne Wicker, chairman of the board and chief executive officer. “Our strong showing is attributed to double digit growth in loans and deposits, along with increased mortgage and merchant services activity. Better economic conditions are fueling interest in expansion and new projects throughout the markets we serve, and all locations in our geographic footprint contributed to the bank’s performance.
“Progress continues on the construction of our Charleston regional headquarters located in Mount Pleasant with completion expected in mid to late summer 2017. The new, two-story office building on Johnnie Dodds Boulevard will serve as our home base in the market and is evidence of our strong and enduring commitment to the Lowcountry. We’re excited to expand our presence in this dynamic market with its diverse and thriving economy,” Wicker said.
*This file requires a PDF viewer to open the attachment. Try downloading Adobe Reader for free at https://get.adobe.com/reader/.